Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
Instant Pot veggie beef soup was such a good dinner. It is Trim Healthy Mama friendly. My only problem was that I started preparing it way to late in the day. I learned my lesson of not making a meal in the Instant Pot when we come home from church late on Thursdays. We were all hungry and tired from the day and needed instant food. This was when I learned that the Instant Pot is not really instant. It cooks quickly but to get to that point you need have time to wait for it. The building up of pressure takes a good 20 or more min. Then the cook time and pressure release. I learned my lesson.
No late night cooking in the Instant Pot!
We stayed on plan with this soup and it turned out so delicious. I will make it again but at about 4:30 not 8:30 in the evening. My children enjoyed it, which is a plus in the land of motherhood. If you get a chance to try it I hope you enjoy it as we did. Let me know if you do and what changes you make to it.
This is a THM friendly soup. The fuel type all depends on your meat, the amount of beans you add, plus the veggies. I use a very lean ground turkey that had just about NO fat in it. The one can of beans added was not enough to put it in E territory. So you could say it was FP the way I made it. If you use a fatty ground beef than it will be an S for sure. Or if you add more beans but use a lean meat then it will be and E. You could even add brown rice to make it more hearty for an E, if you use a lean meat. I use a bag of frozen mixed veggies for our soup. You could add any you like to it for which ever fuel you are looking for. Anyway you make it I hope you like it.
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup THM Friendly
Vegetables mixed together with a lean turkey or beef gives you a delicious filling soup for a cold winters day.
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey or beef using fat free ground turkey is perfect for a FP or E soup
- 2 cups fat free broth or water chicken or beef is fine
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 16 oz bag frozen veggies of choice, remember to stay in your fuel type
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
1. Cook up your ground meat. You can either cook it in a pan on the stove top or use the saute feature on your Instant Pot to cook the meat.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to your Instant pot.
3. Press Manual and set time for 4 min. When done let natural release for 5 min then turn to manual release til all pressure is released.
4. Serve and enjoy!
As I mentioned, this soup can be an S, FP or E. All depending on the meat or veggies or amount of beans you use. You pick your fuel type and the ingredients that go with it. S- fatty ground beef, E- lean ground turkey & more beans, FP - lean meat & less beans.